Search

brasov

Facebook Twitter Email

La câteva sute de metri depărtare de malul stâng al Oltului și în vestul munților Perșani, situat în estul Țării Făgărașului, pe cursul inferior al Văii Veneției, se află așezat satul Veneția de Jos care aparține de comuna Părău.

Foto: (c) Cristian NISTOR / Arhiva AGERPRES

Nu se cunoaște cu exactitate data întemeierii satului, dar izvoarele istorice, cele care s-au păstrat datorită conjuncturilor și intereselor personale de-a lungul timpului, dau o atestare documentară din primii ani ai mileniului al doilea.

Aceste izvoare dovedesc și că meleagurile venețiene din zonă au fost locuite și în primul mileniu, doar că nu s-au păstrat urme arheologice sau cel puțin nu au fost descoperite.

Ioan Cavaler de Pușcariu, jurist, om politic, istoric, memorialist, filolog și poet, fost pretor (șef al administrației și al poliției) al Veneției de Jos, copiază și interpretează un text latin scris cu caractere chirilice de pe o lespede de piatră găsită în casa unui localnic, Ionașcu Mone(a), scrisă cu multe greșeli: “A trăit Grigore cel de’ntîiu Venețianu în anul Domnului 1185 (…)”.

În 1901, Ioan Cavaler de Pușcariu a ținut un discurs la Academia Română din București, unde a arătat că Radu Negru (1185-1216) a donat vistierului său (un fel de ministru de finanțe) Grigorie Venetuș, adică Venețianu, moșiile aflătoare în patru văi, respectiv Valea Veneției, Părăul Sărat, care astăzi se numește Sărata, Valea Comănii și a Cuciulății. Din aceasta se poate deduce foarte ușor că în zonă a existat și o populație care să cultive pământurile, să îngrijească vitele și să “pădurească”.

Deci, au existat și așezări omenești, fie și primitive, a declarat pentru AGERPRES, preotul satului Veneția de Jos, Alex Socaciu.

Aceeași lespede de piatră este amintită și de călugărul, istoricul și filosoful Ioan Inocențiu Samuil (Micu-Klein), (1692-1768), în cartea sa transmisă doar în manuscris, “Istoria Țării Românești și a Moldovei”.

Istoricul Nicolae Densușianu afirma în cartea sa, “Dacia Preistorică”, faptul că Veneția de Jos a fost înființată de către o colonie de romani colonizați în Dacia, în vecinătatea geților. Aceștia se numeau veneti sau vineti.

Atât binecunoscuta metropolă Veneția din Italia, cât și frumosul sat Veneția din Țara Făgărașului, ar avea practic aceeași origine.

Un argument solid în menținerea acestei ipoteze îl reprezintă și o descoperire arheologică întâmplătoare pe teritoriul satului, făcută în anul 1965. “Este vorba despre o monedă romană imperială, bătută la Tomis, datată în secolul II-III”, mai precizează părintele Alex Socaciu.

Despre numele satului există și o variantă a lingvistului Alexandru Graur și anume că denumirea de Veneția provine de la vinețeală. Vinețeala, este de fapt, un praf albastru care se adaugă în var la spoitul caselor și care dă pereților culoarea vânătă albastră.

Veneția de Jos a fost de-a lungul timpului un important centru administrativ și cultural, aici existând o primărie, o judecătorie, perceptorat, notariat, bancă ce deservea satele din răsăritul Țării Făgărașului și până la Târnava Mare, protopopiat unit, post de jandarmi, post de pompieri, ocol silvic, două școli confesionale (ortodoxă și unită), stațiune balneară cu ape cloruro-sodice-iodo-bromurate și nămol feroginos.

Băile de la Veneția au existat până în anul 1950, dar construcțiile au fost lăsate în paragină și s-au deteriorat de-a lungul timpului. Din cele mai vechi timpuri, resursele naturale cele mai importante ale Veneției au fost pădurile și piatra de var.

Locuitorii au cultivat pământul, au crescut animale și făceau negustorie cu produsele muncii lor. Vicisitudinile vremurilor din urmă, în special epoca comunistă și cea post-comunistă, au făcut ca viața satului Veneția de Jos să decadă.

Așa se face că sediul administrativ a fost mutat la Rupea și la Șercaia, iar în urma revoltei venețienilor din cauza falsificării alegerilor de către comuniști, în 1946, conducerea comunei să fie mutată în satul Părău, unde se află și în prezent.

În timpul regimului comunist, populația satului a migrat spre orașele învecinate, în sat rămânând mai mulți oameni în vârstă care au lucrat la C.A.P, asta pentru că pământurile, animalele, pădurile le-au fost luate de statul comunist.

Nu puțini au fost cei care s-au opus colectivizării și care s-au descurcat pe cont propriu, fără niciun ajutor de la stat. Astăzi, acești bravi ai neamului reprezintă parte din familiile cele mai verticale și cele mai bine văzute în comunitate, susține sursa citată.

În prezent, majoritatea populației active a satului este plecată la muncă în Italia, Spania sau Germania, media de vârstă a satului fiind foarte ridicată, existând doar o grădiniță și o școală cu clasele I-VIII, inclusiv cea pregătitoare, doi învățători, dintre care unul este navetist, la fel ca și toți ceilalți profesori.

Comuna Părău de care aparține satul Veneția de Jos mai are în componență satele Veneția de Sus, Grid și Părău. Populația comunei, care se află la o distanță de 60 de km de reședința de județ și de 19 km de municipiul Făgăraș, are 2.048 de locuitori.

AGERPRES/(AS — autor: Jana Pintili, editor: Cristian Anghelache)

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

Rezervația naturală Cheile Zărneștilor este o rezervație de tip geologic mixt situată în județul Brașov, fiind o arie protejată din interiorul Parcului Național Piatra Craiului.

Peisaj de iarnă din Plaiul Foii, la poalele masivului Piatra Craiului, zonă aflată la 12 km de orașul Zărnești, județul Brașov.
Foto: (c) Bogdan BĂRBULESCU / Arhiva AGERPRES

Parcul Național Piatra Craiului, potrivit infoseason.ro, deține o zonă specială de conservare, unde se află patru zone carstice: Cheile Zărneștilor sau Prăpăstiile Zărneștilor pe teritoriul județului Brașov; Cheile Dâmbovicioarei; Cheile Brusturetului; Cheile Dâmboviței pe teritoriul județului Argeș.

Tot aici există o arie de protecție cu o suprafață de 1,5 ha, cu caracter de monument al naturii: Peștera Liliecilor, o zonă cu suprafața de aproximativ 1.200 ha, pe care pășunatul este interzis și 683 ha de rezervație științifică.

Peisaj de iarnă din zona Masivul Piatra Craiului, județul Brașov.
Foto: (c) Cristian NISTOR / Arhiva AGERPRES

Rezervația naturală Cheile Zărneștilor cu o suprafață de 109,80 ha a fost desemnată rezervație naturală în 1938 potrivit infopensiuni.ro, și a fost declarată arie protejată prin Legea Nr.5 din 6 martie 2000.

Datorită peisajului stâncos, rezervația este numită și “Prăpăstiile Zărneștilor” și reprezintă un impresionant defileu, lung de aproximativ 5 km situat în partea de nord-est a masivului Piatra Craiului. Cheile încep pe pârâul Vlădușca și continuă până în dreptul satului Măgura. Mergând la pas, parcurgerea peisajelor spectaculoase oferite de Prăpăstiile Zărneștilor se poate face în 45 de minute.

Pereții verticali din calcar, care pe alocuri se apropie până la 5-6 metri, au înălțimi cuprinse între 100-200 m, potrivit turisminzarnesti.ro. În unele zone, Cheile oferă sectoare umbrite de-a lungul întregii zile. În pereții defileului au fost amenajate zeci de trasee pentru amatorii de alpinism și escaladă, cel mai lung având 115 metri.

Masivul Piatra Craiului, vedere din Plaiul Foii, zonă aflată la 12 km de orașul Zărnești, județul Brașov.
Foto: (c) Bogdan BĂRBULESCU / Arhiva AGERPRES

Accesul în defileu se face din localitățile Zărnești, Peștera, conform aceluiași site. În apropierea cheilor se află situată cabana Curmătura, importantă bază de plecare în traseele din Piatra Craiului. Turiștii sunt întotdeauna impresionați de atracțiile turistice ale defileului: peșterile (Peștera Mare din Prăpăstii, Peștera Mică din Prăpăstii), precum și cele câteva izbucuri, din care Fântâna lui Botorog și Fântânile Domnilor.

Cheile Zărneștilor sunt străbătute de Râul Mare, care, datorită permeabilității calcarelor, dispare pe unele porțiuni, urmând să apară la ieșirea din chei. În bazinul hidrografic al acestui râu s-au format 21 de peșteri.

O perspectivă generală asupra cheilor este oferită de platoul învecinat Măgura. De asemenea, la capătul cheilor se ajunge la locul numit ”La Table”, unul dintre punctele de urcare pe creasta Pietrei Craiului.

AGERPRES/(Documentare-Irina Andreea Cristea; editor: Horia Plugaru)

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

Primul premiu acordat la nivel național pentru promovarea turistică a unui monument istoric din județul Brașov i-a revenit primăriei Râșnov, pentru promovarea turistică profesionistă a Cetății din localitate în anul 2014.

Foto: (c) Bogdan BĂRBULESCU / Arhiva AGERPRES

Premiul a fost acordat vineri, cu ocazia Târgului Internațional de Turism desfășurat la Romexpo de către Federația Asociațiilor de Promovare Turistică din România, Federația Patronatelor din Turismul Românesc și Fashion TV, în cadrul celei de a V-a ediții a Galei Turismului Fashion TV Tourism Awards, se arată într-un comunicat transmis AGERPRES, de Primăria Râșnov.

Stațiunea Turistică de Interes Național Râșnov a fost prezentă la Târgul Internațional de Turism 2015, ediția de primăvară, de la Romexpo, cu un stand cu tema “Descoperă Râșnovul”, o alegere inspirată de noua atracție turistică a orașului, Dinoparc, cel mai mare parc tematic cu dinozauri din Europa de Est care va fi inaugurat în această primăvară.

“Prezența Râșnovului la cel mai important târg turistic de primăvară din România este un gest de respect făcut de primăria Râșnov față de râșnovenii care lucrează în domeniul turismului, o formă eficientă de promovare a destinației turistice Râșnov și o dovadă a faptului că în turism ne păstrăm ștaiful la nivel național și chiar internațional”, precizează în comunicatul de presă primarul Râșnovului, Adrian Veștea.

La rândul lui, directorul Muzeului Județean de Istorie Brașov, Nicolae Pepene, susține că premiile pentru industria turismului reprezintă un reper foarte important pentru poziționarea unui obiectiv turistic pe piața națională.

“Premiul primit de Cetatea Râșnov este o confirmare a faptului că succesul transformării unui monument istoric în obiectiv turistic nu trebuie să cuprindă compromisuri care să afecteze moștenirea istorică. Cetatea Râșnov a devenit un spațiu primitor pentru vizitatorii de orice vârstă, un loc potrivit pentru familie și prieteni, o evadare din viața cotidiană, o experiență reconfortantă. Beneficiarul nostru țintă este turistul și acest premiu este dovada faptului că Primăria Râșnov este un partener de încredere pentru profesioniștii din turism”, subliniază, în comunicatul de presă, Nicolae Pepene.

Președintele Asociațiilor de Promovare Turistică din România, Corina Martin, a arătat că s-a bucurat foarte mult să regăsească Râșnovul între laureați.

“Cetatea Râșnov este un monument reprezentativ pentru turismul cultural din România și agenda evenimentelor culturale organizate la Râșnov este un model de promovare turistică eficientă. Primăria Râșnov și colegii noștri de la Asociația Rosenau Turism din Râșnov fac o treabă foarte bună. Există o strategie unitară și Râșnovul își îmbogățește oferta turistică de la un an la altul cu lucruri de calitate. Sunt un exemplu de urmat”, a afirmat Corina Martin.

În zona turismului cultural, în 2014, pe lângă Cetatea Râșnov au mai fost premiați Cetatea Alba Iulia și Muzeul Țăranului Român din București.

Cetatea din Râșnov a fost vizitată anul trecut de 241.500 de turiști plătitori de bilet, o creștere cu 15% față de 2013.

“Având în vedere că la o serie de activități culturale care au loc în cetate, în perioada sezonului estival, dar și de ziua monumentului istoric din luna iulie, intrarea este gratuită, numărul turiștilor se apropie de 300.000 anul trecut”, a precizat pentru AGERPRES primarul Adrian Veștea.

În Cetatea Râșnov au loc începând din luna iunie până în luna septembrie festivaluri medievale, concursuri naționale pentru copii, festivaluri de film, expoziții.

AGERPRES/(AS-autor: Jana Pintili, editor: Diana Dumitru)

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

Junii Brașovului, un obicei străvechi care se pierde în negura vremurilor, este considerat pe bună dreptate ca având o valoare unicat în România, ce amintește cu prisosință de valorile trăirii dacice pe aceste meleaguri, spune pr.prof.dr. Vasile Oltean, directorul Muzeului Primei Școli Românești din Scheii Brașovului și autorul cărții “Junii din Scheii Brașovului”.

Fotografii: (c) BOGDAN BARBULESCU / AGERPRES ARHIVĂ

Prima mențiune documentară datează din anul 1728 și se află într-un hrisov din arhiva Primei Școli Românești din Schei. În acest hrisov, Junii sunt amintiți ca “o rânduială din bătrâni”. Printre altele, se mai consemnează în acest document despre Juni: “Să-i lăsați să treacă fără oprială, frumos, pe rând cum se cade, iar cine se va îngădui să treacă cu sfintele cruci prin această grădină, unul ca acela să fie blestemat de Domnul și de cei 318 sfinți”. Este vorba de trecerea Junilor călări spre Pietrele lui Solomon, unde au loc serbările Junilor, în miercurea de după Paște.

“Obiceiul acesta al Junilor ne amintește de istoria meleagurilor pentru că ei și-au primit caracteristici pe fiecare treaptă a istoriei. Ca dovadă nu avem doar Juni tineri, care nu este un pleonasm, înseamnă necăsătoriți, avem roșiori, dorobanți și curcani, care luptă pentru independență. În amintirea evenimentelor din 1877, când noi eram în Ardeal și nu aveam voie să luptăm pentru independență, luam costume de roșiori, de dorobanți și de curcani. Patru dintre cele șapte grupuri de Juni poartă pe cap modelul căciulii lui Mihai Viteazul, trei poartă costume din 1877 și astfel ei asamblează niște valori ale istoriei prin felul lor de a se comporta”, a precizat pentru AGERPRES pr.prof. dr. Vasile Oltean.

Cele șapte grupuri ale Junilor sunt: Junii Albiori, Junii Roșiori, Junii Brașovecheni, Junii Dorobanți, Junii Curcani, Junii Bătrâni și Junii Tineri, având în frunte șerjile adică vătaful, armașul mare, armașul mic, sutașul, stegarul și surlașul. Surla este instrumentul preferat al Junilor, un fel de trompetă care scoate sunete stridente.

Conducătorii fiecărui grup au câte un buzdugan cu tricolor, simbol al vitejiei și demnității. De asemenea, fiecare grup are un steag propriu care aduce un profund caracter patriotic în acțiunile și serbările Junilor. Fiecare grup are o costumație proprie, foarte veche, pe care o îmbracă doar la manifestări și evenimente deosebite cum sunt cele din Săptămâna Luminată imediat după Paști și la Parada Junilor, care are loc în fiecare an pe străzile din centrul Brașovului, în Duminica Tomii.

Prima ieșire a Junilor este de Bunavestire, pe 25 martie, când Junii tineri ies cu surla în Piața Prundului, fac un popas și trag din surlă, urcă pe Coasta Prundului, unde îi așteaptă Juni din alte grupuri și unde se aruncă buzduganul și apoi colindă pe la troițele din zonă. De Florii urmează parastasul Junilor care au trecut la cele veșnice și, potrivit sursei citate, “catastifele cu nume sunt impresionant de mari în memoria acestor Juni care își respectă înaintașii”.

Urmează apoi manifestările Junilor, care au loc în fiecare zi din Săptămâna Luminată, culminând cu Parada Junilor din Duminica Tomii, la care asistă mii de persoane. Luni, ies după ouă roții la fete având în frunte un ceteraș, după care fac o horă și aruncă buzduganul în Piața Prundului. Marți, se duc pe Coasta Prundului cu plăcinte, orice trecător prin zonă primind câte o plăcintă. Apoi petrec la Crucea de pe Coasta Prundului, o cruce istorică pastorală. De altfel, în Scheii Brașovului sunt 64 de troițe, cele mai multe fiind ale Junilor, și fiecare grup are în grijă câteva troițe. Miercuri urmează ieșirea la Pietrele lui Solomon, dar cum în vremea comunistă nu aveau voie să ia canii de la colective pentru a se deplasa, au amânat-o pentru duminică. Joi are loc aruncarea în țol, în Piața Prundului, iar vineri se spune că își plâng zilele. Sâmbătă au loc pregătirile pentru duminica cea mare, când ies la paradă în cetate. Lângă Muzeul Primei Școli Românești din Scheii Brașovului se află Muzeul Junilor, unde s-a reușit adunarea mai multor elemente care țin de existența lor.

Există șapte tipuri de costume, și de bărbați și de femei, troaca junilor, un instrument extraordinar de arhaic, care se punea pe genunchi ca o platoșă și cu 22 de ciocănele se împleteau firele din piele cu care se împodobeau hainele. De asemenea, în muzeu există elemente arheologice găsite la Pietrele lui Solomon, dar și obiecte de uz casnic, poze și tablouri foarte vechi ale lor, a mai spus pr.prof.dr. Vasile Oltean.

AGERPRES/(A — autor: Jana Pintili, editor: Cristian Anghelache)

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

Located on Sambata River Valley, at the feet of the Fagaras Mountains, the Brancoveanu Monastery at Sambata de Sus is famous as place of meditation and soul comfort for the faithful and visitors who stop in this holy place.

Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

The history of the Brancoveanu Monastery begins in the 17th century, in 1654, when the village and estate at Sambata de Sus entered the possession of Preda Brancoveanu Wallachian boyar, who built a wooden church on the river valley. In the place of the wooden church, ruler Constantin Brancoveanu (1688-1714) erected a monastery made of stone around the year 1696.

At the end of the 17th century, the Romanians of Transylvania had just escaped the repeated attacks of the Calvin princes on the focus point of their identity — the Orthodox faith, and then, by Transylvania’s going under the rule of the House of Habsburg (1683), the Romanian Orthodoxy of Transylvania faced the danger of catholicisation. In this context, ruler Constantin Brancoveanu turned and reorganised the old Orthodox monastery at Sambata de Sus, with hermit monks, into a monastery with a wider community life, with monks living, working and praying together, to testify in time about the ethnic and faith unity of the Romanians on both sides of the Carpathians. It is worth remembering that the ruler of Wallachia — regarded in 1699 as the true patron of the metropolitan church of Transylvania — was one of the most resolute and determined defenders of the faith unity of the Romanians of Transylvania.


Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

The martyr voivode also established at the monastery at Sambata de Sus a grammar school, a fresco painting workshop and a small printing house, installed in the new stone-made building, after the Brancoveanu-style model used in all his princely foundations. One of the most renowned abbots of the monastery of the 18th century was Father Superior Visarion, who ran the monastery for almost 40 years, until it was destroyed in 1785.
In the summer of 1761, Austrian General Bukow ordered the disestablishment of monasteries, which he regarded as dangerous centres of keeping the Orthodox conscience, and his order provided that the wooden monasteries be burnt and the stone ones, demolished. In Fagaras, the order was carried out by Count Nicolae Bethlen in June 1761, but the monastery at Sambata de Sus was spared from destruction, very likely at the intervention of the Brancoveanu family, the owner of the estate and village. Having remained the only Orthodox monastery in the Land of Fagaras, the prestige of the Brancoveanu foundation enhanced even more.
Through a resolution of December 12, 1782, the Court of Vienna disposed the disestablishment all over the empire of all those monk and nun orders leading only a life of meditation, without concretely contributing to the wellbeing of the civil society, and with all the interventions made by boyars Nicolae and Emanuil Brancoveanu with Transylvania’s government, the monastery at Sambata de Sus could not be salvaged, being destroyed in November 1785. Of all the monastery’s buildings, the church, having very solid walls, could not be demolished, but only damaged. It was left in ruins for almost one century and a half.

Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

After the monastery was demolished, the Brancoveanu palace at Sambata de Sus, located 10 kilometres away, was temporarily inhabited by the successors of the Brancoveanu family who ruled the estate until the agrarian reform of 1922, when the Ministry of Estates handed over these properties to the metropolitan church of Sibiu, together with the ruins of the monastery at Sambata de Sus.

Over the 140 years of decay since it was destroyed, there were several attempts to restore the monastery, but the honour of becoming the second founder of the Brancoveanu Monastery went to metropolitan bishop Nicolae Balan, who began the restoration of the church in the summer of 1926, when the walls of the old church were dug from the ground, the missing parts were rebuilt and the roof was erected. The sanctification of the church and of the new buildings took place on August 15, 1946, when the patron saint of the church was celebrated.

The beautiful painting that endured the bad weather and time was kept inside the church and the architecture of the rebuilt church completely matches the Brancoveanu style. On the outside, the stone decoration of the door and window frames, but mostly of the columns and stone panels of the church’s portico render a special beauty to this monument. The dented brick belt, the shingle roof and the perfect proportions depict a monument worthy of the times of ruler Brancoveanu. The church’s tower is octagonal on the outside and cylinder-shaped on the inside. The cross-shaped interior of the church is completely new and includes scenes of the New Testament, such as Judgment Day, the Heaven and the Hell. The entrance from the portico to the narthex is made through an oak door, placed in a sculpted stone frame, and above the door there is the inscription carved in a stone board. On the western wall of the narthex, where Virgin Mary is painted, there is the painting of the Brancoveanu founders. In the transept, the painting is displayed in five registers: the holy martyrs, scenes from the New Testament, prophets, the Lord’s Resurrection and the Transfiguration of Jesus. The iconostasis, built in a massive wall, allowing the entrance to the altar through three doors, is also completely covered in fresco paintings with icons corresponding to the church dogma. The fresco painting of the iconostasis is displayed in four registers: Virgin Mary on the throne, the Apostles taking the Eucharist, the Holy Hierarchs, in two registers. Metropolitan bishop Nicolae Balan also rebuilt the old belfry of the monastery in its initial shape that sheltered the five bells of over 2,000 kg until 1997. The bells have been moved to the church tower.

Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

The Life-Giving Spring Fountain, first mentioned in a document in 1500, the oldest item inside the monastery walls, around which many miraculous events and legends occurred and merged, was first restored by metropolitan bishop Nicolae Balan and it is currently surrounded by an oak wood baldachin. The revamping and extension of the altar in the woods, where the outdoor religious services take place, is another renovation work at the Brancoveanu Monastery.

Photo credit: (c) NICOLAE BADEA / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

The third founder of the Brancoveanu Monastery was Antonie Plamadeala, elected in 1982 Archbishop of Sibiu, Metropolitan Bishop of Transylvania, Crisana and Maramures. He rebuilt the compound of the Brancoveanu Monastery, a work than began in 1985. After 208 years since its demolishment, the Brancoveanu Monastery came back to life on August 15, 1993, at the celebration of the Dormition of Virgin Mary, when the new church with the patron the Brancoveanu martyr saints and the entire monastery was sanctified.

The Brancoveanu Monastery hosts one of the most valuable monastery libraries, not only of Romania, with a fund of over 70,000 tomes of books and periodicals, organised according to modern principles and open to the public. One of the cultural-religious landmarks enhancing the fame of the monastery is the Ecumenical Centre — the Academy of Sambata de Sus, which was inaugurated at the celebration of the Dormition of Virgin Mary, on August 15, 2003. Conferences, symposiums, meeting are organised here and people outside the monastery are hosted here.

Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

Tens of thousands of pilgrims gather each year at Sambata Monastery on August 15, at the celebration of the Dormition of Virgin Mary, when the religious service is usually held at the outdoor altar. AGERPRES

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

The village of Sirnea, located in Brasov county, belongs to the Fundata commune, attested in documents in 1729, situated at the foot of the Piatra Craiului Massif, at 1,360 meters elevation.

Photo credit: (c) Cristian NISTOR / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

“The idea of a tourist village in Romania emerged in the ’60s at Sirnea, and became a reality in 1968, and in 1973 by an order of the Tourism Ministry the following villages were declared tourist villages: Halmagiu in Arad county, Rucar and Leresti in Arges county, Tismana — Gorj, Bogdan Voda — Maramures, Rasinari — Sibiu, Vatra Moldovitei — Suceava, Murighiol and Sf. Gheorghe in Tulcea county and Vaideeni in Valcea county. At that time, the tourist village implied a lot of things, first of all the geographic positioning of the settlement. Sirnea is a quiet village located between the Piatra Craiului Massif and the Bucegi Massif where the landscape, the climate and the seasons are amazing, where professor Nicolae Fruntes used to live, the person who got seriously involved with the idea of a tourist village in Romania, and the specialist press of that period brought to the fore the results of this experiment. Water at Sirnea, in that period, was tested and analyzed, being taken as a yardstick in south-eastern Europe as the purest water,” Professor Radu Fruntes, the son of Nicolae Fruntes, told AGERPRES.

In order to develop the village and attract as many tourists as possible, Professor Nicolae Fruntes initiated two feasts: “The measure of milk and the meeting of the village sons” held every June and “Winter at Sirnea”, aimed at presenting the customs of the villagers, both during summer and winter. Launched in 1969, the feast “Winter at Sirnea” entails a skiing race with torches in hands, sleigh rides and parties organized at the Cultural Centre.

“The Olympic Day”, celebrated for almost 30 years every June 23, is about the lightning of the Olympic flame, the Olympic flag, the parade of the athletes who attend various sports competitions. Other feasts are “The Sanziene Night” celebrated on June 24, “The Nedeia of the Mountains” on July 20, a traditional pastoral holiday, “The Fire of Sumedru”, the night of Oct. 25 when a big fire is lit on the hills of the village, called the Fire of Sumedru, the event being attended by all villagers.

“Until 1986 when my father died, the village of Sirnea was visited by over 3,000 tourists every year, from 22 countries and Romania. After visiting the village, tourists from Canada, Egypt, the United States, New Zealand, Australia, Israel remained highly impressed by our traditions and customs and this can be seen in the Book of impressions guarded at the Sirnea Village Museum. It was a project of the ONT [the National Office for Tourism], called Seven Days in Brasov, and the tourists used to visit one tourist attraction each of these days, and also the village of Sirnea. Tourists were expected nearby DN73 national road by 10-20 cars or sleighs in the winter, pulled by horses adorned with bells, they were offered boiled plum brandy and they visited the house of one of the people who carried them by cart or sleigh. The project lasted until the ’90s,” Radu Fruntes said.

According to him, this pioneer project was beneficial for the entire area.

“Tourism has further developed at Bran, Moeciu, Fundata, other villages belonging to these communes. Unfortunately, fewer and fewer tourists decide to make a stopover at Sirnea. The road is pretty difficult from DN73, no repairs have been done for the last 15 years, there are no direct means of transport from Brasov as they used to be until 1990. The centre of the village and the museum need maintenance works and repairs, but there are no funds. The local and county authorities should do a lot more for Romania’s first tourist village, considered a brand of the county,” Professor Radu Fruntes also said.

Worth visiting at Sirnea are the Old Orthodox Church dedicated to the Dormition of the Mother of God, the Ethnographic Museum “Nicolae Fruntes”, the Monument of Lieutenant Colonel Ghe. Poenaru-Bordea, the first officer of the Romanian army who died during the First World War, the Piatra Craiului National Park, the Moeciu Gorges, the Cave with Bats in the Pestera village.AGERPRES

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

The Junii Brasovului Festival, an ancient custom the roots of which are lost in the mists of time, is rightly considered as a unique folk practice, a bountiful reminiscence of the values of the Dacian way of life in this region, says Vasile Oltean, PhD, Professor, director of the Museum of the First Romanian School in the Scheii Brasovului neighborhood and author of the book “Junii din Scheii Brasovului/The Juni Brethren of Scheii Brasovului.”

Photos by Bogdan Barbulescu /AGERPRES ARCHIVE

The first documentary mention of the custom dates from 1728 and appears in a charter kept in the archive of the First Romanian School in Schei. In this charter, the brethren of the Juni is mentioned as “a tradition passed down from the ancestors”. Among others, in connection with the passage of the mounted Juni to Solomon’s Rocks, where they were supposed to celebrate on Easter Week Wednesday, the document also states: “Let them pass unbothered, nicely, one by one, as fitted, and whoever does not allow the passage of the holy crosses through this garden, let him be accursed by the Lord and the 318 saints.”

“This custom of the Juni reminds us of the history of these places, because they acquired new features in various stages of history. As proof, we don’t have only young Juni (in Romanian ‘june’ signifies ‘lad’ — Ed. Note) — this is no pleonasm — they are actually unmarried, we have cavalrymen, footmen and turkey feather hat wearers, by the model of the uniform of the soldiers who fought for Romania’s independence. In memory of the events of 1877, when we were in Transylvania and weren’t allowed to fight for independence, we adopted the uniforms of the cavalrymen, footmen and turkey feather hatted musketeers across the Carpathians. Four of the seven groups of Juni wear a hat tailored after the model of Michael the Brave’s hat, three wear costumes like in 1877, and thus, simply by their appearance, they put together certain history values,” Professor Vasile Oltean told AGERPRES.

The seven Juni groups are: Junii Albiori (the White Hatted Juni), Junii Rosiori (whose dress takes after the uniform of the cavalrymen), Junii Brasovecheni (who wear a hat trimmed with the tricolor), Junii Dorobanti (dressed like the footmen of the Independence War), Junii Curcani (the Feather Hat bearers), Junii Batrani (the Elder Juni) and Junii Tineri (the Young Juni), with the leader, the senior provost marshal and the second provost marshal, the 100-men commander, the standard bearer and the piffero player marching up front. The piffero, a sort of trumpet that produces high-pitched sounds, is the preferred musical instrument of the Juni.

The leaders of each group carry a mace with tricolor, as a symbol of bravery and dignity. Each group also has its own banner which confers a profoundly patriotic character to the celebrations and actions of the Juni. Every group has a specific, very old garment type they put on only for special events such as the Bright Week and at the Juni Parade, which takes place every year on the streets in the center of Brasov, on Saint Thomas Sunday.

The first time the Juni get out to celebrate is on Annunciation Day, on March 25, when they assemble in Prundului Square in the sound of the piffero, and then go uphill Prundului Coast, where other groups of Juni are waiting for them; they hold mace throwing competitions and then visit the open-air crosses in the surroundings. Then, on Palm Sunday, they commemorate the Juni who died and, according to the cited source, “there is an impressively long roll call in the memory of the fellow Juni, as they deeply respect their forerunners.”

Then come the Bright Week celebrations, the pinnacle of which is the parade on Saint Thomas Sunday, with thousands of onlookers. On Monday, accompanied by the violin player, they go visit the girls and receive red eggs, then they dance the ring dance and throw the mace in Prundului Square. On Tuesday, they go to Prundului Coast with pies, and all passers-by receive a piece of pie. Then they make merry at the pastoral historic cross on Prundului Coast. There are 64 open-air crosses in Scheii Brasovului, and each group of Juni sees to several crosses. On Wednesday they go to Solomon’s Rocks, on Thursday there’s the blanket tossing, when men are thrown in the air on a blanket in Prundului Square, and on Friday they are said to lament over their days. On Saturday they prepare for the great Sunday, when they go parading in the old city.

Near the Museum of the First Romanian School in Scheii Brasovului is the Museum of the Juni, which has various exhibits related to the brethren’s existence on display, such as the seven types of suits for both males and females, an extremely old inkle loom with 22 shuttles used to weave the yarns that adorned the clothes of the Juni. The museum also accommodates archaeological items found near Solomon’s Rocks, as well as household items, and very old pictures and paintings of the brethren members, added Professor Vasile Oltean. AGERPRES

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

Libearty, the bear reservation of Zarnesti, Brasov County, is the largest bear sanctuary of Europe and the second worldwide in terms of animal population.

Photo credit: (c) BOGDAN BARBULESCU / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

Libearty, founded in 2005 and opened to visitors in 2008, is located in the deciduous forest near the town of Zarnesti, two kilometres away from the national road DN73 between Rasnov and Sibiu.

The reservation stretches on 69 hectares offered by the municipality of Zarnesti. It currently hosts 80 bears rescued from captivity throughout Romania. The 1.5 million dollars necessary each year came so far from donations of animal lovers worldwide.

‘No one offered such a large piece of land to bears so far. Unlike other sanctuaries, the one in Zarnesti helps bears to get used to their natural environment, providing the most effective help for forgetting the captivity pain. Oak forests are bears’ natural environment, helping them to overcome psychological trauma. The first bears were brought from Poiana Brasov in 2005; they were previously held in cages near several restaurants of that resort. We can say that over the 10 years since the founding of the Libearty sanctuary, we settled 90 percent of the cases of captive bears in Romania, including those kept in improper conditions in zoos. Those who think this reservation is a zoo change their mind after visiting it, and see wild animals — especially bears — in a different ways; for animal lovers, it’s a delight,’ Libearty manager Liviu Cioineag told AGERPRES.

Each bear there has their own story of years of captivity, misery, hunger and torment. Now they have the best conditions, including a pool. A 24-seat little train carries the tourists through the reservation; a second line in the southern part of the sanctuary is to be opened this year, connecting it to a future summer camp for children and to an underground observation point.

An observation point in a tree is already available for photographers. The underground facility will allow seeing the animals very close, through secure glasses, avoiding direct contact between humans and bears.

‘We want to homologate the summer camp for children in 2015. It will be kind of unique in Romania, being set up in a bear reservation. Children will live in a true Indian tent made by a family of Indians living in Canada. [editor’s note: the term ‘Indian’ for Native Americans or Canada’s First Nations carries no negative connotation whatsoever in Romanian; it was kept exactly as used by AGERPRES’s interviewee]. We want to provide a different kind of education here, without mobile phones and tablets. We are also preparing an educational centre to provide a link to the business, with a conference hall capable of hosting meetings in a special natural environment, even available for pupil and student lessons and research. Children will also learn about wild animals, through games. Over the next four or five years, we’ll talk more about education in the sanctuary, and less about tourism. Even nowadays visits are not mere visits — there’s a permanent guide, a documentary film about the sanctuary is shown to those who come see the bears, as well as many stories and lots of information about bears. This will actually be the purpose of the sanctuary in the near future — more education, less tourism,’ the manager explained.

Students from the United States, England, France, Australia and Russia come every year to the reservation of Zarnesti as volunteers and to study animal behaviour. Several organizations and foundations of England, Germany and France are supporting the sanctuary’s operation. Animal lovers can also virtually adopt a bear or — for Romanian contributors — redirect 20 percent of their income tax to the sanctuary.

The oldest bear in the reservation is a 32-year old female; the youngest — a 10-month cub named Pluto, saved alongside his mother from the zoo of Resita.

Cioineag says there are still some captive bears in Arad (western Romania), in a private farm; legal proceedings are underway to rescue them. A captive bear for which the owner has no authorization is the mascot of the resort of Streaja.

Libearty is open between 10am and noon, Tuesday through Sunday; the entrance is 40 lei (less than 10 euros) for grown-ups and 10 lei for children. AGERPRES

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

Fortresses and castles in Brasov County are impressive even as glimpses along the ride. Considered closer, they tell the story of a crossroad of trade routes between Occident and Orient; of invasions; and of local people’s economic strength allowing them to resist using these huge defensive buildings.

Bran Castle
Photo credit: (c) BOGDAN BARBULESCU / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

Peasants’ fortresses of Rasnov and Rupea were built prior to the settlement of Teutonic Knights in the region. Fagaras had its first fortification before Transylvanian ruling prince Stefan Mailat thought of having a stronghold residence there. Brasov, a citadel, has each bastion named for the Transylvanian Saxons’ trade guild that built, equipped and maintained it. The Bran Castle is first mentioned in a 1377 document of the chancellery of Louis I of Anjou, King of Hungary, who granted Transylvanian Saxons the privilege of building a new stone fortress, at their own expense; it was endowed with serf villages to maintain the building and the garrison.

Recent economic value has added lately to the historical heritage. Brasov and Bran have established tourist reputations; the peasant fortress of Rasnov has 200,000 visitors per year; the fortress of Rupea, a ruin for many years, has been restored in 2009, on European funds, and now attracts tenths of thousands of tourists annually, as part of international circuits.

Fortress of Rasnov
Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

Some theories say the fortress of Rasnov, placed as a sentry above the town, was built also with the contribution of neighbouring villages of Vulcan and Cristian. The Teutonic Knights left the region in 1225, leaving a wooden fortification; local peasants maintained it and then rebuilt it using stone, most probably during the second half of the 13th century. The first document mentioning it refers to the Mongol invasion of 1335. Rasnov also resisted the Turks a couple of times. In 1421, they plundered Brasov, which was still undefended by a citadel of its own. Rasnov had walls five metres tall, with eight bastions. The fortification was divided into a court or garden, and the inside dwellings, with more than 80 rooms identified so far. For centuries, it lacked its own source of water, a weakness that proved fatal in 1612, when the army of Prince Gabriel Bathory sieged it. Several years later, in 1623, Saxon craftsmen were contracted to dig a well; it took them 17 years to find water, 146 metres deep.

The fortress of Rasnov is now the stage of many cultural events, such as festivals and medieval fairs, historical film and children music festivals, etc., organized by the municipality. It has become the thirds tourist attraction in Brasov County, next only to the Bran Castle and the Black Church of Brasov City.

The fortress of Fagaras was built above an older wooden fortification of the 12th century, defended by a ditch and a rampart. It was destroyed by a disastrous fire. The building of the stone and brick fortification began in the late 14th century; the four-side shape with towers in the corners had an outpost to the east. Stefan Mailat strengthened it between 1520 and 1541, doubling the inside wall and adding a gate barbican and another floor on the southern side, known as ‘Mailat’s houses.’ He became Prince of Transylvania in 1534, but his plans eventually failed and he ended in a prison of Constantinople.

Fortress of Fagaras
Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

By then, Fagaras already had a reputation of hard-to-conquer; princes Gabriel Bethlen (1613-1629) and Gheorghe Rakoczi (1633-1648) further strengthen its fortifications and provided interior works, making it fit for its new status of princely residence. Towers evolved into strong bastions, and the space between the two walls was filled with earth. A guard barrack was built; the ditch was extended and filled with water from the Olt River. The interior decorations somehow softened the military appearance, adding open balconies, arches and pillars, wall decorations, etc. The fortress registries mention 80 rooms. The domain included 50 villages, and the citadel still stands proof of the importance of Fagaras in the Middle Ages. Recent renovations resulted in a gradually increasing tourist inflow.

Brasov’s tours are other historical tourist attractions. The 1,600 square
meters Weavers’ Bastion, built between 1421 and 1573, is unique in southeastern Europe, in terms of architecture and configuration. Since 1950, it hosts the Museum of the Barsei Land. The exhibition’s focal points are the models of the Citadel of Brasov and of the Schei neighbourhood, the way they looked at the end of the 16th century. During summer, the tower also hosts chamber music concerts and medieval festivals.

The Drapers’ Bastion was actually built by the Goldsmiths’ Guild, between 1450 and 1455; it is 20 metres high and has a diameter of 16 metres. The Drapers’ Guild took over it — and the defence of the fortifications on the outskirts of Tampa Hill — only in 1640.

The Ironsmiths’ Bastion guards the northwest corner of the citadel. It replaced an earlier tower, destroyed by floods in 1526. Water and fire damage occurred again there in 1667; partial reconstruction followed. As its military importance declined, it was given several other uses; it hosts the State Archives since 1938.

Panoramic view of Brasov City’s Black Church
Photo credit: (c) ALEX TUDOR / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

The Graft Bastion was named after the creek coming from Schei, after works turned it into a channel, called Graft in Transylvanian Saxons’ language. The Saddlers’ Guild erected it on two floors between 1515 and 1521. Damages and restorations followed, until the latest renovation of 2004-2005, which also restored the access to the White Tower on a stairway up the hill.

The Black Tower got its name after a fire caused by a lightning on July 23 1559. It was allegedly built in the 14th century, and its high position on rocky terrain made it fit both for observation and for interior guarding. Its isolation proved useful during the 1756 plague, when it hosted the guards that enforced the quarantine of the city. The 2003 renovation added it to the list of tourist attractions, along with the White Tower, restored in 2000.

Black Tower
Photo credit: (c) GEORGE CALIN / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

The White Tower is the other defence tower on the Warthe Hill; it was mentioned in documents in 1460 and 1494. Originally, two guilds contributed to its maintenance — the tinsmiths and the coppersmiths; the former left the association in 1678, after paying a compensation for their obligations.

When it comes to Brasov County castles, Bran is by far the most famous; in Romania, only the Peles Castle of Sinaia (Prahova County) has more visitors. More than 450,000 tourists are lured to Bran by the mirage of legends, stronger than factual history — nothing proves that Prince Vlad the Impaler ever lived here, yet the castle is identified as Dracula’s. It seems to grow out the rock; it guards the Bran-Rucar pass between Transylvania and Wallachia, taken by Middle East merchants to bring their goods to Brasov.

After the aforementioned privilege granted by King Louis of Hungary in 1377, Bran was quickly built and completed probably around 1382. History and politics subsequently gave it to German Emperor and Hungarian King Sigismund of Luxemburg, which used it as a base for the army sent to support Wallachia’s Mircea the Elder in his feud against Vlad the Usurper in 1395. In 1407, Sigismund gives it to Mircea to seal their alliance against the Turks. A couple of decades later, the Seat of Brasov cedes the ownership of the castle to the Hungarian Crown, which funded extension and maintenance works, before renting it back to Brasov at the end of the century. The city bought it back in the 17th century, taking advantage of the financial problems of the Transylvanian administration. In 1920, the municipal council of Brasov gave Bran to Queen Mary of Romania, as a sign of gratitude for her involvement in the Romanian Union of 1918. In 2009, the Romanian state restored the rights of historic heirs and gave it to Archduke Dominic of Hapsburg, which kept it in the tourist circuit. The state-owned collections hosted by the Bran Castle were moved to the Customs Museum nearby.

The fortress of Rupea, a town on the border between Brasov and Mures counties, was preceded by the Dacian fortifications of Ramidava or Rumidava.

Fortress of Rupea
Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

The Romans built a castrum they called Rupes (Rocks), the origin of the present Romanian name. Works at the fortress began in 10th century; it grew as a stone spiral with successive enclosures, guarded by polygon-shaped towers. It was a peasant fortress, with three distinct sections — upper, middle and bottom. Abandoned after a fire in 1643, it was used again as a refuge from plague in 1716. Locals finally relinquished it in 1790, allegedly after a storm blew away its roofs. Restoration was attempted in 1954, but communist authorities were rather prone to demolish it, seeing it only as a sort of basalt stone. Fortunately escaping this fate, it stood visible from the national road to Sighisoara. European funds helped renovating it after 2009, giving it its new look, more attractive to tourists.

Fortress of Feldioara
Photo credit: (c) SIMION MECHNO / AGERPRES ARCHIVE

Local and county authorities financed the rehabilitation of the fortress of Feldioara — a work in progress. A 1439 document states that the villagers of Feldioara built it ‘with big expense and labour’. The very name of their village comes from the Hungarian word ‘foldvar’, meaning ‘earth fortress.’ AGERPRES

Facebook Twitter Email
Facebook Twitter Email

Rezervația de urși “Libearty” de la Zărnești, construită pentru salvarea urșilor ținuți în captivitate, este cea mai mare rezervație de tip sanctuar din Europa și a doua din lume, din punct de vedere al numărului de animale.

Foto: (c) BOGDAN BARBULESCU / AGERPRES ARHIVA

Înființată în 2005 și deschisă spre vizitare din 2008, sanctuarul “Libearty” este situat în pădurea de foioase de la intrarea în orașul Zărnești, la o distanță de doi km de DN73 A Râșnov — Zărnești — Sibiu.

Suprafața rezervației este de 69 de ha, teren pus la dispoziție de primăria Zărnești, și găzduiește în prezent 80 de urși salvați din captivitate, din diverse locuri din țară. Fondurile necesare pentru construirea sanctuarului, de 1,5 milioane de dolari, au fost obținute din donațiile făcute de iubitorii de animale din întreaga lume.

“Până în prezent nimeni nu a mai pus la dispoziția urșilor un teren atât de mare. Spre deosebire de alte sanctuare, cel de la Zărnești ajută urșii să se acomodeze în mediul lor natural, care-i ajută cel mai bine să uite de chinurile din captivitate. Pădurea de stejar este mediul natural al ursului și reușește astfel să treacă de traumele psihice din captivitate. În anul 2005 au fost aduși primii urși din Poiana Brașov, care au fost ținuți în cuști pe lângă diverse restaurante din stațiune. Putem spune că, în cei aproape zece ani de la înființarea sanctuarului ‘Libearty’, am rezolvat 90% din situația urșilor captivi din România, dar și a celor ținuți în condiții improprii în grădinile zoologice din țară. Cei care cred că această rezervație este o grădină zoologică își schimbă impresia după ce o vizitează și privesc cu alți ochi animalele sălbatice și, în special, urșii, iar pentru iubitorii de animale este o desfătare”, a declarat pentru AGERPRES Liviu Cioineag, managerul sanctuarului.

Fiecare urs adus în rezervație are o poveste impresionantă, toți fiind crescuți mai mulți ani în captivitate, cea mai mare parte a vieții în mizerie, foame și chin. Condițiile în rezervație sunt dintre cele mai bune, urșii având la dispoziție chiar și o piscină. Turiștii care vizitează acest loc unic în România au la dispoziție un trenuleț cu 24 de locuri care îi plimbă prin rezervație, iar de anul viitor va fi amenajat un nou traseu în partea de sud a sanctuarului, printr-un drum ce se va realiza pe lângă Țarcul II, dar se va putea ajunge și la Țarcul III, și va face legătura cu viitoarea tabără pentru copii și cu punctul de observație subteran.

De asemenea, pentru amatorii de fotografie există amenajat într-un copac din rezervație un punct de observație, de unde amatorii de fotografie pot surprinde imagini inedite.

Punctul de observație subteran va fi gata cel mai probabil anul viitor și va avea intrarea prin Țarcul urșilor, prin intermediul unui tunel unde va exista o porțiune cu geamuri securizate și unde poate veni ursul care va putea fi văzut foarte de aproape, fără ca omul să intre în contact direct cu animalul.

“În 2015 dorim să omologăm o tabără pentru copii. O să fie oarecum unică în România doar pentru faptul că va fi amenajată într-o rezervație de urși. Copiii vor sta într-un cort indian adevărat, confecționat de o familie de indieni care locuiește în Canada. În această tabără dorim să facem altfel de educație, fără telefon mobil sau tabletă. Mai avem în pregătire un centru de educație care asigură legătura cu mediul de afaceri, cu o sală de conferințe în care se pot organiza diverse întâlniri într-un mediu natural deosebit și unde chiar și elevii și studenții pot desfășura lecții sau diverse teme de cercetare. Tot aici, copiii vor putea învăța despre animalele sălbatice prin intermediul jocurilor. În viitorii patru-cinci ani vom putea vorbi mai mult despre educație în sanctuar și mai puțin despre turism. Chiar și vizitele făcute în prezent nu sunt niște vizite pur și simplu, pentru că există un ghid permanent, există un documentar despre sanctuar care este prezentat celor care vin să vadă urșii și multe povești și informații despre urs. Aceasta va fi, de fapt, menirea sanctuarului în viitorul apropiat, mai multă educație și mai puțin turism”, a explicat managerul sanctuarului.

În fiecare an în Rezervația de urși de la Zărnești vin pentru voluntariat, dar și pentru a studia comportamentul animalelor, studenți din SUA, Anglia, Franța, Australia și Rusia.

Mai multe organizații și fundații din Anglia, Germania și Franța sprijină funcționarea sanctuarului, dar există și posibilitatea iubitorilor de animale să adopte virtual un urs sau să redirecționeze 20% din impozitul pe venit pentru sanctuar.

Cel mai bătrân urs din rezervație este o ursoaică de 32 de ani, iar cel mai tânăr, un pui de zece luni, Pluto, salvat împreună cu mama lui de la Grădina zoologică din Reșița.

Potrivit lui Liviu Cioineag, mai există urși în captivitate la Arad, într-o fermă privată pentru care se încearcă salvarea lor prin intermediul justiției, iar în stațiunea Straja este un urs în captivitate, fiind considerat mascota stațiunii, însă proprietarul acestuia nu deține autorizație.

Rezervația de urși “Libearty” din Zărnești poate fi vizitată de marți până duminică între orele 10,00-12,00, iar biletul costă 40 de lei pentru adulți și 10 lei pentru copii.

AGERPRES/(AS — autor: Jana Pintili, editor: Cristian Anghelache)

Facebook Twitter Email
Cauta
Articole - Romania pozitiva